- Associate Attorney
Kevin's first guiding priority in everything he does as a lawyer is simple: his clients. With a somewhat diverse legal practice in criminal defense, redemption law, family law, and general civil work, Kevin has learned over time that regardless of the kind of work he does, focusing on his clients' individual needs actually makes his practice easier. Even when clients bring challenging and novel legal problems, Kevin believes that this mentality cuts through the distractions that complex cases often present, because he never loses sight of the real-world consequences his work has on his clients' lives.
Kevin believes strongly in keeping a devoted focus on ethics, and uses the rules of professional conduct as the "floor" rather than the "ceiling" of his practice. With a bright, positive, demeanor, a calm, focused drive, and an often cheesy sense of humor, Kevin believes that the motto "cooler heads prevail" is most important in difficult cases--encouraging his clients wherever possible to take the high road and not allow their own actions to be guided by the sometimes chaotic emotions those cases often bring. Particularly in family law, Kevin believes in a collaborative, peaceful approach whenever possible , but is a devoted, stalwart advocate for his clients when necessary.
Originally hailing from San Diego, Kevin has wholeheartedly embraced the Pacific Northwest lifestyle in the past sixteen years he has lived in the Seattle area: in addition to other his passions as a musician, photographer, and writer, he is also an avid snowboarder, hiker, and general outdoorsman. Graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in English and Creative Writing from the University of Washington in 2006, Kevin had a somewhat unusual background prior to entering the legal field, working in marine electronics wholesaling as a warehouse manager, and later in electronics recycling. Oddly enough, it was in this latter field that kicked off Kevin's legal career, finding tremendous support from his employer and generous contacts in the legal community and his family who encouraged his transition to becoming a lawyer. Through it all, Kevin largely credits his wife and family for keeping him grounded, organized, and focused on what really matters.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law 75%
- Criminal Defense 10%
- Post-Conviction Relief (vacation of convictions, rights restoration, etc.) 10%
- General Civil 5%
- Washington, 2015
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2015
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. - 2006
Honors and Awards
- Seattle University 2015 Graduating Class Speaker
- Thomas Tang International Moot Court Competition Regional Semifinalist
Past Employment Positions
- King County Superior Court, Court Program Specialist II, 2015 to 2016
- King County Department of Public Defense, Rule 9 Extern, 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- King County Bar Association - Neighborhood Legal Clinics - Clinic Assistant, 2012 to 2015
- Neighborhood House - Citizenship Project - Civics and supplemental ESL instructor, 2012 to 2015