Telling Your Side Of,
- Associate Attorney
During Miki's undergraduate studies, she began working at Nordstrom where she fostered her passion for working with people. Miki dedicated seven years to Nordstrom. She started on the sales floor at Northgate Nordstrom and worked her way up to the corporate building in Downtown Seattle as an educator in the Learning & Development department.
Earning her degree in Philosophy and working full-time at Nordstrom not only contributed to Miki's strong work ethic, but was also the perfect storm of logic, passion for rules, and excellence in customer service that guides her in the way she practices law today.
Miki is a passionate advocate for victims of domestic violence, understanding the emotional, financial, and relational impact that domestic violence can have. Miki's organizational skills are a great asset in her family law cases in which a detailed understanding of property division and child support are critical.
Prior to joining Kurt Bennett Attorneys, Miki gained experience assisting victims of domestic violence at the Center for Community Solutions, representing youth at the Children and Youth Advocacy Clinic, and working at the Seattle City Attorney's Office, Labor and Employment Section.
Miki loves spending her free time singing karaoke, reading, jogging, and practicing hot yoga. Additionally, Miki loves Star Wars and is part of a lightsaber choreography and costuming group, which raises money for charity through performances.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. - 2018
- University of Washington
- B.A. - 2012
- Major: Philosophy
Honors and Awards
- Witkin Award
- Cali Excellence for the Future Award
- Jefferson Medal
- Phi Alpha Delta Society of Scholars
- University of Washington School of Law Pro Bono Honors
Past Employment Positions
- Seattle City Attorney's Office Labor & Employment, Extern
- Children & Youth Advocacy Clinic, Intern
Pro Bono Activities
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law - Family Law Clinic, 2015 to 2016
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law - Veteran's Law Clinic, 2015 to 2016